Simply Luminescent is located in Napoleon Ohio and has awards and publications for couture child portraits. Let us handle the stress of preparing for a photo shoot. All child couture shoots here include portraits with mom (or parents). Mom will get her hair and makeup done. Our studio also provides a huge range of gorgeous gowns and outfits Mom can use to look extra elegant and timeless.
Some day your children will look for portraits of you - make sure they find something better than selfies.
Sitter Session Prep Guide
SITTER SESSIONS ( BABIES THAT ARE 6-9 MONTHS OLD)
These sessions are for children that cannot walk or crawl but can sit unsupported.
What you should bring:
Small finger snack
if you have any pretty/handsome outfits
Any of there must-haves - a favorite toy or stuffed animal
towel if we do anything with water or the tubs
We LOVE to see our couture babies more than once so of course:
Sitter session clients get a gift card for a Cake smash session.
How long will it take to view portraits from the session:
• After your photoshoot is over I will help you get the baby gathered and back to your vehicle as needed.
• 5 - 8 days after the shoot I will send you an email to pick a day where you can come look at your session printed and that is when you decide what you love and want to buy.
• Once your order is fulfilled you can pick up your order or have it shipped directly to you.
• We also have a great referral program!
Do I offer payment plans? -Yes!
What time frame should you schedule your shoot?
- Depends on your child, we should aim for a time when your child is most interested in their surroundings, when they have already had their main day nap, when they are awake and full of energy. Just not when they are hungry or tired we do not want to interrupt their schedule for our shoots. We schedule around the child's schedule. So whenever they would be up doing this for over an hour is the best time to be here.
My studio offers two locations: the studio located in Napoleon Oh and we can do an outdoor location in Napoleon as well. If you want to do anything outside of Napoleon Travel fees apply.
- My images are professionally retouched. You will have no bruises or breakouts in your final gallery. On the day of your session... -Arrive in loose-fitting clothing that is easy to remove like button-ups. Do not wear socks as they leave impressions on the skin.
TIPS FOR GREAT PHOTOS:
Keep clothing simple. Choose solid colors for your photo session. Make sure you coordinate your family's clothing from head to toe. Darker clothing slims. Choose shades of black, brown, blue, dark green, and other jewel-toned colors. Scoops or v-necks flatter shorter necks and full faces. Turtlenecks or high-necked garments flatter longer necks and slender faces. Keep clothing consistent. Dress everyone in the same style. Don't mix casual and formal clothing in photos.
Wear light on the white. Light pastel or white clothing looks best against a light-colored or white photography background. Wear dark on dark. Dark clothing looks best against darker backgrounds and creates a more formal mood. Add accents. Show your style in small accents. Save stronger colors and patterns for accessories like scarves and neckties. Add in your personality. Bring your own props for a personal touch. Consider items such as a baby blanket, stuffed animal, or a special toy.
TODDLERS AND KIDS. I am a very casual person and I prefer to photograph children that way as well-meaning we will work together for some posed shots and let them do their things while I capture every bit of it. Typically, my style of photography is glamour so pretty solid color dresses or layered outfits like jeans a ruffle shirt, and crochet shawl are perfect options for girls. You are more than welcome to bring your 'Sunday best' outfits. Solid colors are best, no logos, wording, or designs. Don't forget things like hats, boots, blankets, favorite cute jacket,s etc.
COLOR GROUPINGS SAMPLE IDEAS THAT GO GREAT TOGETHER.