Thank you for selecting Simply Luminescent to document the most precious gift a woman receives, feeling that tiny bundle of joy growing in your belly. We strive to provide our clients with a pleasing and memorable photography experience, high-quality portraits, a diverse product line, and exceptional customer service.
We are award-winning and published in magazines for specializing in newborn through the first year. We do have the knowledge and experience to safely handle your baby and maternity needs with delicate care. Please read through this guide to view ideas, information and tips to help you feel prepared. Be sure to contact us with questions.
Our studio is located in Napoleon Ohio, every session comes with in-studio and outdoor Napoleon locations.
Time Line for Maternity
1-3 months pregnant
schedule your maternity photo shoot
decide if you want to have the full pampering day by adding on our Makeup/Hair team for $65
4-6 months pregnant
Start shopping for the outfits you want to wear
get a to go bag packed with the clothing you're bringing in and any props you personally have and want to use
start thinking about your Newborn session and if you are booking one with us, you can use your return client discount to lock in a date time frame.
28-32 weeks pregnant
Your shoot date should fall between when you reach 28-32 weeks of pregnancy. This way you are still able to move around comfortably and are showing/glowing.
If you are expecting twins we can do earlier if needed.
Maternity Sessions are so elegant with my team! We would love to help celebrate you becoming a Mommy and capture the precious end of your pregnancy portraits. We have gorgeous gowns and fabrics to use in our time together as well, no need to spend tons on clothing we most likely already have it! However, if you do shop we have some amazing recommendations for you.
Things I will provide:
Hair and Makeup
In studio and outside locations
The significant other can be included if they so choose to
Siblings can be included but they need brought in during the second half of shooting not the entire set.
What you should bring:
Black, white, nude-colored underclothes to wear with my gowns
Any outfits that you love and want to use: example jeans are super cute or some of the babies soon to be clothes
A towel if you plan to shoot in the tub or another location with water - I highly encourage this as water and maternity is gorgeous
any pops you may want to use like ultrasound image, something of the dads if you do plan to use the tub I will fill with water or milk water you will need to bring the things you want inside the tub. ( real flowers float and fake ones do not) etc...
When to schedule a shoot?
- I like to shoot my maternity sessions at 28-32 weeks. This way you are showing but not yet miserable. Once us pregnant ladies reach 33 weeks and higher we swell and get super uncomfortable. We want to capture the happy glowing portion of your pregnancy.
Our professional hair and makeup?
It is included in your session fee!
- My studio offers Mom's to be two locations: one being the studio and some shots in a local outdoor area to the studio. If it is to hot or cold for outdoors or mom to be doesn't want to shoot outside that is okay too. If mom wants to shoot in a specific location outside of 43545 there will be a travel fee.
- My images are professionally retouched. You will have no bruises or breakouts in your final gallery. I do not mess with stretch marks they are natural, however, if the mom refuses to allow them to stay in the image I can reduce the visibility of them but I won't take them away completely.
What is the style of Maternity sessions with the studio?
- We specialize in elegant and vanity fair type maternity sessions. Like Demi Moore had or other famous people. We shoot in gowns, wrapped in fabric, in everyday clothing, and artfully nude. Do not worry if one of these isn't for you we skip it.
4 days before your shoot
- Do your shaving and waxing - this way and redness or bumps can die out.
The Day before your shoot
-Cut the tags off any of the clothing you are bringing including the bra and undies. Take your shower this day not the day of your shoot it makes hair easier to work with and style. Make sure you have all your stuff in a bag and ready to grab on your way here.
The day of your session
-Arrive in loose-fitting clothing that is easy to remove like button-ups. Do not wear socks as they leave impressions in your skin.
While the price is an important factor, it should not be the most important one. Like any quality products or services out there, good photography is expensive. Why? Because it is not easy to create quality images. Bad photography is even more expensive. If you don’t like your photos, you have wasted your time and money. If there is a chance to do the maternity shoot again, you end up spending more money for the re-shoot for a better photographer. It’s often less expensive to get it right the first time.